Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ok, LOOOOONNNG time no write. I know, but I vow to make this year a little better in the life of the " blog".

For starters, let's talk about New Years Resolution. Yep, I made one... crazy me. I REALLY want to see this through this year though. Here it is, I only made two:

1. ELIMINATE ALL SWEETS for an ENTIRE YEAR.

Ok, wow, I know what you're thinking..impossible. Not exactly. The idea behind this is not to be on some crazy diet, it's meant for me to suffer a little bit. I decided that the guilt of living a normal, typical life with not much in the way of discomforts has distrubed me. Thinking of Christian and his daily struggles continues to wear on me. I want to help him, wipe this thing away, but I can't. So, my plan is to fast for him this year. To deprive myself of all sweets, to pray for him and my DMD community. To have daily discomforts ( hey, I work in an office full of women that LOOOVVVE sweets). That's the plan.


2. Do one RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS everyday this year.

It doesn't have to be a BIG noticable act..just something that may spark a " pay it forward" type of deal. I just want to be a better person this next year, thought this would help.


OK, so this blog thingy is going to first list my two Resolutions and then contain whatever else tickles my fancy. I'm sure it will have some contents of Keaton and his crazyness and tales of Wanita and Christian...so stay tuned..if anyone is even out there that reads this thing anymore..

So far today I have stuck to the code and have not consumed any sweets and performed 1 RAOK first thing this morning. Here's what I did. Typically, I take Wanita for a short walk in the cove first thing in the morning before I head off to work. This stimulates the poopy thus helping us all out. So, I had started getting the newspaper for two of my neighbors as their paper is generally thrown at the curb, and with it being butt freezin cold it only makes their morning a little warmer. Both are older, and read their paper with coffee first thing when they get up. This morning I was a little late getting out there, but I decided to add another person to the list, another neighbor. I know she doesn't particularly have time in the morning to read the paper, nor have time for coffee I'm sure. It's easier for her to get it, but this morning it was on Wanita and myself to get if. So, there is my first RAOK... I'm just getting started!


Sooooo..... Bring on twenty-ten!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Someone still read it! I was so excited when I checked my "following" list and saw you blogged. You've still got me thinking and very inspired. Love you girl!!!