Friday, October 17, 2008

The Look..you don't want to know better....

Parents are known for using any measure possible to restore order. In my family growing up, it was the infamous "LOOK". I mean, you didn't EVEN want to get "THE LOOK", if you did..well good luck with that and if it happened while in church...forget it, life is over as you know it.



Oh, I've tried several times giving the look, but it doesn't work for me. Nope, the response I get is not fear, it's laughter. It's no fun going to walmart and giving " THE LOOK" because you're afraid to beat them in public and then have them break out in hysterical laughter. Yep, completly inneffective. So, no longer did I try to give " THE LOOK".....that is until this past summer. I found the perfect solution.



The boys became really familiar with what a true " LOOK" meant. No, not by my husband, ( he apperantly never had THE LOOK or really any kind of parenting..nice I know) but my dad. Now those that know my dad, well....they probably have seen " THE LOOK". It was a frequent visitor when my brother Darryl ( sorry bro) was around. He was a magnet for getting into trouble.. hmm, sounds familiar.



Anyway, let me explain. This past summer we flew to California for 10 days. 10 days which the first part was spent basically 2 full days traveling. What that means is 2 ADHD boys in a car, with my parents and countless opportunites for " THE LOOK". Oh, you and I know there were PLENTY of opportunites.. They actually did pretty well, but none the less..It happend. Something like this:



Air fair for 3 people: $800 ( I know a bargain)

Disneyland and various souvenirs: $100

The look........say it with me....PRICELESS!



Oh, yes it was effective, so much so that I had took a picture on my cell phone of it so that while in route back home, I had it for emergencies sake. Oh yah! Now, don't think that this little blog entry here will go without something...you too will get a chance to see "THE LOOK".... feel free to download if you don't have this special gift.......





Oh yeah....I can laugh hystercially now...I am older, married, moved out of the house ( can't say this for my youngest brother though as he is still within close proximity..good luck with that Josh) . Yep, I still have it on my cell phone...for emergencies ( and a good laugh)!

2 comments:

Mike Jones said...

I remember the look very well. I even remember trying to prevent the look a few times but to no avail. I thought maybe your Dad would lose the look after Darryl left the house but I see he still maintains it to this very day and it is just as scary as I remember it (Sorry, Don). I miss your dad though. Tell him I said hi.

Anonymous said...

These are a crack-up girl!!!
I love them. I can just see keaton in every one of them. As for the look, I guess it's a male thing, 'cause you know Gramps had it and Curt & I remember it well.
Tell Mike hi 4 me 2. Give the boys my love, but remind keaton he better mind if he doesn't want the LOOK! Love, Dad