Sunday, November 16, 2008

For Christian

This is a more serious blog entry, I can't really say I'll do this often...Not really me to be serious as I hide many of my serious emotions by being silly. A safety mechanism. But, sometimes you just have to let it out...then go on and laugh some more....there is ALWAYS something to laugh about around here!

Christian's illness....doggoneit.. will not go away, and as often as I can, I make it go away by laughing and just not facing it. But sometimes I find other ways...obviously by trusting in what God has in store for him and us. And, by talking about it..then I'm good to go again..

This morning in bible class, I found a verse to a song by Casting Crowns...I'm sure that if you are the religous type, you have probably heard this song before. "Ill praise you in this storm". A very meaningful song to me as this is a storm and what do I chose to do with it?

Here's the verse : Psalms 121: 1-2

"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth,"


I'll praise you in this storm...absolutely! As much as I hate the fact that we have to go through this, I have to trust in my faith that there is something better! Oh, and there is!!!

Christian has no idea what is in store for him. We don't either. A cure may come up, maybe in time, maybe not...who knows. I can sit here day in and day out and be sad and gloomy and live as this is his last days. Well, I don't care to live that way. I care to make the most of today and what he can do and be glad that he is still alive and with us. I'm not like other's who sit and calculate how much time before this happens, how much time will he be able to do this..and so on. Nope, not me! Why waste what is in front of me right now and not enjoy what I have now?
I'm not in denial, I'm in: I accept it, let's make the most of it and carry on!

Here is a video I made last year. I found this song that was AWESOME with words and said exactly what I would like to say. But I did it really just for myself, I showed my family, a few friends..but it is NOT something that I did to get sympathy, pity or attention. Well, and for the simple fact that I did a video!.. wha hoo me! AWARENESS was my first intention though. Some of you may have seen it on Facebook..but honestly, I did not post it for EVERYONE to see it, only some of you. But here it is, getcha some kleenex and hit play..that is if I can really download this..having some issues at this momment, but hopefully I can figure it out.



"Can you hear me? Let me take his place somehow..see he's not just ANYONE...he's MY SON!"

I promise, this next video that I do will be a more "funny" take on MD. I already have an idea...just wait! Oh, and by the way, If you are a Mark Schultz fan, he will be in Memphis, ummm sometime soon. He is doing a concert for AGAPE..you can log onto agapemeanslove.org and get tickets..it's for their Heartlight thingy that they do every year to raise money for adoptions. It may have already happend, not sure... just a little FYI.. Anyway, hug your little one's and be thankful that God gave you them to raise and make the most of!

No comments: