Friday, November 28, 2008

Here's to the bird!


Ohhh, I am STUFFED! We did the traditional thing, eat till you are full..go to the bathroom, then eat some more, Full. Had heartburn all night, ugh, why eat soo much, you don't feel any better???

So, let me give you a run down on our Thanksgiving. Mostly went without incident. But, a few little funny things thatI must share.

First there is Chuck. Yep, I was able to convince him that HE needed to get up early and prep the bird. Every year, it's me. I get up, butter the butt and slap it around and cook it. I think this year...it should be him. So, after showering, I noticed he was up and in the kitchen. well for crying out loud, it worked! Went to the kitchen, and this is what I saw..


All he needed was a gun and a ski mask...someone broke in to steal the turkey!! But look again, you may have missed this......


orange knee highs....nice.

Ok, so moving along. He decided later to head to the store, in his lovly outfit, icluding socks with sandals, and get a pecan pie for work. While he was at the store, I asked him to bring home a baster. I first need to share with you what happens to my cooking utensils. For some reason, my cooking utensils make great shovels and what have you. I have lost a good portion of spoons, forks, spatulas and obviously my baster to the great outdoors. I don't think basting with a baster that was used for a mud pie would be a good idea.


So, got the new baster, checked it out and it looked a little like the "BMW" of basters. Of course, I never cook. The baster that I previously owned was a hand me down from my mom...it was probably a hand me down from grandma which was probably a hand me down from Noah. get the picture?


Excited by the new thing, I quickly cut the ties and started using. My first suction it grabbed a whole bunch of juice and stuff...but then wouldn't really release to well. what in the world?? so, try again...Charles, you bought this stupid thing and it doesn't work! It now doesn't release at all and the ball you squeeze won't puff back up! I'm just about panicking, because without basting..you get dry bird, YUCK! Here he comes.... shaking his head, he says not a word and fixes the problem.

Look at this, tell me you wouldn't do the same thing as I did.






There is something in there. I thought it was to help with sucking out the juices..some really nifty way to do it. Look at the next photo..






but nooo there is a brush that you use to clean the inside of the stupid thing...who whould have thought?. Dah! I knew that! A little FYI...it doesn't work to well with the brush in it while trying to suck up juices.


Nice little discovery. But here is the finished product!



Nice birdy bird! Very tasty... All in all, it was a yummyful thanksgiving. For the first time, I did crock pot stuffing which was VERY GOOD! Thanks Dawn! Anyway, Happy Turkey Day to all my friends and fellow bloggers.

No comments: